July 28, 2011

Not Tracing but My Copies

This is my copy of the Praying Hands by the German Artist, Albrecht Dürer. In Grade 9, I had a different teacher for Art class, whom I also really liked. He was a real Artist, who had his own galleries and a website ( http://www.derekpigrum.com/ ) as well. We began concentrating on Human hands at the start of the year. He had assigned the class to draw a copy of the Praying Hands for homework. I took 3days to finish the drawing. And I had put a lot of effort into this, as I hadn't done any drawings with shading included. I was really into it; I wanted to make the shading look the same (or at least similar). The most difficult part of the drawing was when I tried shading in the veins. But overall, when I was done, I was extremely happy with the result and so was my teacher =).

I did this drawing for my Mom. She had given me a photo which she printed out from the Internet to be drawn, par moi. It was a project from Mom to Me, as she knew that I started to take an interest in art. I don't know what's the name of the original picture though, sorry =/. But I'll give you the details of the drawing. There's 2girls, one is looking out at the forest, while the other is faced to the other side. And no, the girl is not driving a car -_-. Nor is there a rollercoaster on top of the forest trees. It took me awhile to make this, as it was quite a big piece of paper.

This was drawn by pencil first, of course. And then colored by my all time favorite, C&C...Charcoal & Chalk ;P. I was happy with the outcome of this one as well. And I always get excited when I look at my finished drawings anyways ;D... even if it doesn't look as good as You may think so. But I always love my drawings because I know that I've put a lot of love and effort into each and every single one of them.

This is................? can You guess?? I hope You can -_- Because most people can't...

Well, then...have You guessed?? Ok, beware...I Am Your Father (not really, but you know what I mean...hehe)..........It's Darth Vader..!!Weee...drawn from the side view..!!Can You see it now?

Ok, well this was also drawn by pencil, then Charchoal & Chalk. It was also a project given by my step dad and it was not a school project. The teeth of DV were extremely hard and annoying to make. Mainly that part of the face I had struggled with because of the shadows and sharp type of mechanical like jaw and mouth =/. But yeah, now I'm experimenting with more Hand drawings, like gestures and movements. I'm starting to get better at them =)

If anyone would like me to draw a copy of a drawing for them or anything, I'd be more than delighted too! It'd be great if you do, so that I'd have a new project at hand for me at least ;) xx

2 comments:

  1. mula2 masa saya tengok gambar perempuan tu, saya betul2 ingat dia tengah naik roller coster.

    comel kan saya :8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awak memang nak kena gigitkan? saya memang ingat pasal awak bila saya cakap pasal roller coaster tu.

    ReplyDelete