July 23, 2011

Love to Eat, Love to Cook


Omelette Souffle

Art wasn't the only thing that I was interested in. VIS also had a Cooking Class, which was called Food Tech. In Food Tech, we cooked and baked various kinds of food. The food that we made were like Quiche, Pizza, Apple Crumble, Swiss Roll, Curry, Soup, Crepes, Omelette Souffle and many more. Before making our food, our teacher would demonstrate how to make it in the earlier classes.

When it was our turn to make it ourselves, we could either follow the recipe given by the teacher, or we made one up. I usually asked my Mom to help me with that and she'd give me all kinds of ideas (as usual ;)) of ingredients to be used. When it came to the Practical work, it's always so much fun!

I wasn't too bad at making Savoury food, but I was (still am) horrible at baking Sweet food (Desserts of course xD). But it wasn't just Practical work in FT, we also had to do some Theory work. We had to write down some ideas and also explain about what happened during the Practical work and how do we improve it...Yadi..Yadi..Yada..Those type of stuff -_-. I think it was called an 'Evaluation'.

My Japanese Friend and I.
 When I was younger, I used to say that I wanted to be a Chef. I liked cooking since I was 9years old or so. But in the schools that I've been to, they didn't have a Cooking Class..they had Wood Tech and ICT but not Food Tech. So I didn't get a chance to do any cooking in school before, until I went to VIS. I was truly excited and I always looked forward to FT. It's a hassle sometimes to get your own ingredients and pack them neatly in containers to bring for the Prac Work. But in the end, it's always worth it ;).

I love Cooking and Art..and Sports..and Music..and Eating...and Sleeping...and my Family.....hehe..you get the idea ;D <3



No comments:

Post a Comment