July 11, 2011

Truancy

The only story and clear memory which I have of this school was when I had skipped a few days of school without anyone knowing, at first. As my mom had describe it recently, it was called 'Truancy' ;D But no, I hadn't done that for my own amusement or to scare my Mom (who was in Dubai). I did that because of the psychotic teachers who were hired in that school. They didn't make me feel comfortable to be in it, they weren't even friendly or nice (to me at least).

So yeah, I skipped a few days..or was it only one?I'm not quite sure about that but since in Public School, the hours of school weren't as long as in Private, I didn't need to wait around the school area for the day to end for long. And yeah, I skipped the classes but I was still around the school area (I was just 9 years old) I couldn't go anywhere else but stayed around the school compound. I couldn't (and didn't want to) call anyone to pick me up as they thought I was in school ;P.

It's definitely not your typical skipping school day where you fake sick or anything like that which lead to you staying at home, na'ah..nothing like that. I was staying at my aunties at that time and I couldn't just walk back by myself (9 years old), I didn't even know where the direction to her house was. So I just waited for the day to end and for the school bus to pick me up. That was what I had experienced while I was in that Government School. And in the end, of course my teacher found me as one of the students who saw me, snitched on me -_-.

I do wonder, what could and would have happened if I had gone out of the school compound and walked about elsewhere for the time and day to pass by.....

This is the type of sports that we play during that age.

No comments:

Post a Comment