July 18, 2011

Tanzen


In Ballet Class.

(Continuation) The other thing that I remember while I was still in that school was when I chose Tap Dancing as my extra choice subject. At that time, I hadn’t really been interested in anything, not Art, not Dancing, or anything else. I asked my Mom to choose for me instead as I had no idea what to do, the choices were Dancing, Art, Tap-Dancing, Music (I think) and Drama.

So yeah, I did Tap Dancing and it was extremely embarrassing. I had to change and wear this shiny green ugly, yet again ITCHY (yes, I have issues with uncomfortable itchy clothing) leotard for every lesson, with the loud Tap shoes. And every time after I got changed into my attire, I would walk as quickly as possible to enter my Tap class. That’s because whenever the boys saw me in that attire, they would make remarks of it which in the end, it made me chase after them. It’s quite funny now that I think of it because I was running with the Tap shoes on, which was very loud on the concrete floor...So everyone else saw me running after them as well xD.

It’s actually sad and I regret it now that I wasn't keen on Tap Dancing or any of those activities then. It is rather too late to realise that now I’m really interested in Art and Dancing. And I just remembered, my Mom had also sent me for ballet lessons but I didn’t enjoy that either at that time. I had those chances and opportunities but I didn’t make good use of them. And now, ironically enough I want to learn how to Dance. Those were my experiences while in Sri KDU. As some say “You should learn from your experience/mistakes.” and also “Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment