July 22, 2011

Vienna International School

When I went to VIS, I had to repeat a semester of Year 7 but not because I was dumb or anything =P. But because of the school's system, they wouldn't place students in their actual class year by following the Year which they were born but by the Month they were born. Therefore, when a student's born on late months of the year (comme moi), they would have to go down a year below =/. I didn't understand the system at first, thought it was really unfair.

The other reason of why I had to repeat was because of my inexperienced knowledge of the French Language. I absolutely had no idea of how to speak, write or read French. So if I had gone straight to Year 8...I would have been the slowest one in the French Class. Therefore by repeating, I had some months to get my French up to speed as my other classmates. (Now I’m pretty good at it ;D)

VIS was such a different school and I was beyond shocked on my first day. In that school, they had Homerooms, but after HR, the students separated to go to different classes, instead of staying in one classroom. I was panicking at first because I didn't know where to go. But luckily the girls from my HR helped me out and showed me to my classes (for a week =)).

After that I recognized the school more and knew where my classes were, so it was no problem. It was a shocker to me as, in my previous schools; we had about 4 classrooms for each year, which was our Homeroom and Classroom altogether. We didn't have to move around the school to get to our classes but instead, different teachers come in the same classroom, which was simpler and much more convenient.

The good thing about the school was that there's no Uniform to be worn! We could wear anything we wanted to, "supposedly"...appropriate clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment