August 11, 2011

Volleyball

Volleyball, to me is the best 'Ball Sport' to play within a team, rather than Football/ Soccer, Basketball or Netball. I'm not really a Football or a Basketball fan. That's because I don't like the number of people needed and present in the team. The most annoying part of Team Sports is when your team mates hog the ball for themselves. I don't really care whether they score a goal for their team or even win the game. I still consider it very selfish, ignorant and arrogant of them. To me, that's not considered to be called a Team anymore. And to me, that type of behaviour is very intolerable- But see, this case isn't just in sports.

E.g. The Pussycat Dolls, the girls split up to pursue their own music career. The reasons were mainly because of Nicole Scherzinger, who was the lead singer in the group. Nicole seemed to be overshadowing them with her voice, which doesn't give the other girls opportunities to show their talent as well. The other girls were quite invisible in the group; they appeared to be just back up dancers for Nicole. It just became Nicole.S and The Girls rather than the group PCD. (sorry for the bad example but that was the first group which popped into my mind) But yeah...I'm going off topic, just trying to make a point if you can see =P.

- Therefore that's why I prefer sports like Squash, Badminton, Swimming, Ice Skating where you can play singles, doubles or even by yourself. It's much better like that and much more comfortable to me. So yeah, Volleyball is the first team sport which I've had so much fun playing (still do). Volleyball was first introduced to me when I was studying in VIS. My arms were all red and in pain when I first played it. But somehow, the pain made me much more keen and interested in the sport. I didn't mind it at all because I was really enjoying it; I wasn't that good at it. But I just wanted to try it out as I didn't have the opportunity to play Volleyball in my previous schools.

I tried out for the Girls Team. To my surprise, plenty of girls signed up as well. In the end the coach had to choose between all of the girls. The thing is, the girls who the coach chose were in the Volleyball team in the previous years. Therefore she knew who were the good players and she didn't want to take a chance and place the other newbie girls in her team. And, obviously I didn't get to be in the team. I was very devastated when I didn't see my name on the list, twice at that. I didn't give up the first time, but after the second time I just got really mad and upset and gave up on the Idiotic coach. (Notice I gave up on the coach, not on Volleyball ;))

When I changed schools again, I had the opportunity to join the Girl's Volleyball Team again. And this time, I was really in the team. There were plenty of girls joining the team again but the coaches were very fair to all of us. They created 4 teams because they didn't want to exclude any of us. So everyone had the chance to prove themselves to the coaches. At first I was in Team C but then they placed me into Team B, Team A's the best though. But I was truly happy, excited and thankful to be in the Volleyball Team =D. And I remember once during practice, the ball came to me and I hit it back and it came straight back at me again and I did a hard smack and we won. The coach was very excited, jumping around and she came running to give me a hug ^_^. Words can't describe how I felt at that time. After that, I thought about what a selfish coward the Volleyball coach was to not place me in her precious team.

How about that? ;) Volleyball's now on my top 3 list of favourite sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment