August 5, 2011

Badminton

My first and all time favourite sport would be Badminton (yes...the typical Asian Sport ;P). I've had an interest in Badminton since I was about 10 years old.

When I was studying in BSI, I sometimes stayed back after school to play Badminton with one or two of my friends. It's good exercise really ;D. I remember once, we had a Badminton Tournament and I was one of the players to play from my house team (which was Blue). And I had lost the game to a girl from a year below me, not only that but she was also chubby and plump..!! I was really mad and I have to admit that I wouldn’t have been as mad if she was fit. But she wasn’t!

I was running like a monkey to get the shuttlecock, as she was hitting it far away from me as possible. She didn’t even run...she didn’t need to though, as she had the skills, practiced and training from her Father (who was a Badminton Coach -_-) Somehow, I just thought that I could have won because of how I first judged her physical appearance. Yeahh, I know...'Don't judge a book by its cover'...I've learnt my lesson. I guess, like people always say, “Everyone has their own talent” ;).

When I was studying in VIS, I had joined the Badminton Club/Team...Whatever you call it. It wasn't anything serious, just an activity to do after school (once a week only). And I remembered how some of my friends joined as well but they didn't take it seriously...as in they came but they just fooled around, socializing with each other instead of playing (which made me real annoyed). The Badminton Coach, who was also my HR teacher in Year 9, had noticed how bored I was. So he had asked if I wanted to play with him and of course I accepted the offer =). I was extremely relieved and excited when I got away from my friends...they were just so Boring to play with! So instead I played with Mr.G and he was amazing! He also enjoyed it, which made the game more exciting!

I also played with some other guys whom I've never talked to before who were also fun. I was happy that I had the chance to play with other people besides with my own friends. To me, you either play the sport with complete interest in it (or try to be at least) or you don't play it at all and just sit down and watch. Don't get me wrong, I'm not that great at Badminton. It’s just that, I detest it when people come to the games and take up all the courts but play it lazily and sluggishly with no sorts of feelings or emotions shown towards the sport. Well, yeah. Badminton’s been my all time favourite sport but I’ve started to loving Volleyball and Squash as well =D

No comments:

Post a Comment